m51 with 2 hours color added

  • Jamie
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2005
      HI

      a good night with some clear skies...with the moon fading...made for
      some good imaging. i added about two hours of color data to a previous
      shoot. it made a world of difference

      i have about an hour each of Lrgb now

      here's the result

      http://www.grekalova.com/M51.jpg

      here's the previous effort

      http://www.grekalova.com/M51a.jpg

      jamie
    • Hugh Nunnally
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2005
        Hi Jamie,

        Nice image. Additional Color really helped. What scope and camera?

        Hugh

        --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Jamie" <rhoowl@y...> wrote:
        > HI
        >
        > a good night with some clear skies...with the moon fading...made for
        > some good imaging. i added about two hours of color data to a
        previous
        > shoot. it made a world of difference
        >
        > i have about an hour each of Lrgb now
        >
        > here's the result
        >
        > http://www.grekalova.com/M51.jpg
        >
        > here's the previous effort
        >
        > http://www.grekalova.com/M51a.jpg
        >
        > jamie
      • Wodaski Yahoo
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2005
          The additional color data definitely improves the saturation of the color
          nicely. However, the second version does not have as much luminance boost,
          and the faint nebulosity isn't shown as well. Based on the data, do you
          think you could have both - the rich color, and the faint nebulosity? You
          might find you need even MORE color data to pull it off, however. :(

          Ron Wodaski
          http://www.newastro.com

          a good night with some clear skies...with the moon fading...made for
          some good imaging. i added about two hours of color data to a previous
          shoot. it made a world of difference

          i have about an hour each of Lrgb now

          here's the result

          http://www.grekalova.com/M51.jpg

          here's the previous effort

          http://www.grekalova.com/M51a.jpg

          jamie

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          http://www.nod32.com
        • Michael Sherick

            Message 5 of 6 , May 1, 2005
              Nice image Jamie!

              Arnie Rosner

              Rent-a-scope,

              the world's premier telescope time rental service

              <http://www.arnierosner.com> www.arnierosner.com

              714-501-8247 24/7

              a good night with some clear skies...with the moon fading...made for
              some good imaging. i added about two hours of color data to a previous
              shoot. it made a world of difference

              i have about an hour each of Lrgb now

              here's the result

              http://www.grekalova.com/M51.jpg

              here's the previous effort

              http://www.grekalova.com/M51a.jpg

              jamie

              _____

              Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Jamie
              Message 6 of 6 , May 2, 2005
                hi

                thanks mike ron hugh and arnie for your comments.

                the scope was tak fs102...imaged about 7 weeks apart...one from a dark
                site and one from my light polluted home with the SX SXV H9...

                the red frames had some problems in them from the dark site..so i
                spent most of the time gathering additional red data...30 x 2 minutes
                combined with the orginal 7 x 3 minutes...

                jamie