Narrowband image of an old favorite...

  • michaelsherick
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2005
      Last night's imaging effort was a short narrowband sequence of the
      HorseHead Region. Imaged with the FSQ-106 and STL6303E, single
      exposures of 60 minutes H-alpha, 15 minutes SII, 15 minutes OIII,
      autoguided with an ST402me on the TMB152. The seeing conditions were
      lousy, but it was still fun to image one of my favorite objects.
      This image was cropped about 50% of the original frame:

      http://www.turbinelegend.net/ASTRO/6303E/STL-FSQ/3-31-05/3-31-05.html

      The mounting of the FSQ on the TMB152 is working out well. I'm
      currently using a pair of Losmandy 3-point rings, with the aft ring
      securing the FSQ tightly at its focuser, and a rubber interface at
      the dew shield to keep the scope from sliding back. With two counter
      weights on the ME, there is just engouh for balance. Although cables
      can be routed through the ME, its hopeless for this many wires, so I
      have a bundle hanging from the scopes -- tracking however is not
      affected. Here is a photo of the setup (sorry for the text wrap):

      http://www.turbinelegend.net/ASTRO/Equipment/ME-TMB-FSQ/me-tmb-
      fsq.html

      Comments on narrowband result welcome.

      Regards,