RE: [ccd-newastro] TheSky6 Dome Control

  • Phillip Montgomery
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 28, 2005
      Hello David/Anyone,

      Have you managed to solve your problem yet?

      I am experiencing similar difficulties with a similar setup. Like you I can get AutomaDome to do as you do but can't get AutomaDome to synchronise with the Sky 6 Professional.

      Regards, Phil M

      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 1, 2005
        Phil M
        Yes, the problem was solved with a different DomeAPI.dll from Matthew Bisque. Automadome now works very well. You don't say if your dome controller is a Meridian Controls system. Matthew explains that the fix is specific to Meridian Controls. The attachment is the ,dll that Matthew sent to me. It belongs in C:\Program Files|Common Files\System. There is already a DomeAPI.dll there so you better rename it before overwriting.
        Dave Bailey

        Have you managed to solve your problem yet?

        I am experiencing similar difficulties with a similar setup. Like you I can get AutomaDome to do as you do but can't get AutomaDome to synchronise with the Sky 6 Professional.

        Regards, Phil M

        I installed a Meridian Controls Dome Rotation controller yesterday. I
        can now Link/Park/Home the dome with AutomaDome. I havn't succeeded
        in syncronizing AutomaDome with TheSky6 Pro. I have tried various
        Sky6 Telescope setups using either ACL or Paramount ME. The dome and
        TheSky6 won't dance together.
        Could someone give me a clue what to do in TheSky6? I find no
        reference in TheSky6 users guide nor on the help menu that addresses
        Dome Control.
        Thanks for any help
        Dave Bailey

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Tim Long
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 1, 2005
          I haven't tried this with TheSky 6 but it is known to work. I suspect the key to all this is the Ob.exe program. Take a look at SB's online help page here and follow the setup procedure _to the letter_ and see if that helps:
          http://www.bisque.com/help/AutomaDome/AutomaDome.htm

          Tim Long
          http://syd.tigranetworks.co.uk - software for amateur astronomers

        • Philip Montgomery
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 3, 2005
            Dave,

            Thanks for this information!

            My dome is from Sirius and the dome automation is MaxDome from
            Cyanogen. I have emailed Daniel Bisque and am awaiting a reply.

            Regards, Phil M

            --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Bailey" <dcbailey@q...>

            Service.

          • mbisque
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 3, 2005
              Phil,

              If connecting TheSky6 to Automadome gives the error "No such
              Interface", the solution is found here:

              http://www.bisque.com/support/sbkb2/1181.asp

              Do not use the DomeAPI.dll Dave gave you as it is specific to
              Meridian controls.

              Matt

              --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Philip Montgomery"
              <philmo@e...> wrote:

              > Dave,
              >
              > Thanks for this information!
              >
              > My dome is from Sirius and the dome automation is MaxDome from
              > Cyanogen. I have emailed Daniel Bisque and am awaiting a reply.
              >
              > Regards, Phil M
              >

              > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Bailey" <dcbailey@q...>
              > wrote:
              > > Phil M
              > > Yes, the problem was solved with a different DomeAPI.dll from
              > Matthew Bisque. Automadome now works very well. You don't say if
              > your dome controller is a Meridian Controls system. Matthew
              explains
              > that the fix is specific to Meridian Controls. The attachment is
              > the ,dll that Matthew sent to me. It belongs in C:\Program
              > Files|Common Files\System. There is already a DomeAPI.dll there
              so
              > you better rename it before overwriting.
              > > Dave Bailey

            • Phillip Montgomery
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 4, 2005
                Hello Matt,

                Many thanks!

                I'll give it a try.

                Phil M

                <philmo@e...> wrote:

                > Dave,
                >
                > Thanks for this information!
                >
                > My dome is from Sirius and the dome automation is MaxDome from
                > Cyanogen. I have emailed Daniel Bisque and am awaiting a reply.
                >
                > Regards, Phil M
                >

                > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Bailey" <dcbailey@q...>
                > wrote:
                > > Phil M
                > > Yes, the problem was solved with a different DomeAPI.dll from
                > Matthew Bisque. Automadome now works very well. You don't say if
                > your dome controller is a Meridian Controls system. Matthew
                explains
                > that the fix is specific to Meridian Controls. The attachment is
                > the ,dll that Matthew sent to me. It belongs in C:\Program
                > Files|Common Files\System. There is already a DomeAPI.dll there
                so
                > you better rename it before overwriting.
                > > Dave Bailey

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129jh6lrb/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=1705082829:HM/EXP=1109981804/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here
                <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2593423/rand=213286476>

                _____

                Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Tim Long
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 4, 2005
                  If you have an ASCOM-compatible dome (I think MaxDome is) then you can use that with AutomaDome using the ASCOM-to-AutomaDome adapter that is available from my web site, for free. This is implemented as a DomeAPI plug-in that enables AutomaDome to interwork with any ASCOM dome driver. The project was sponsored by Technical Innovations as part of their ASCOM driver for Digital DomeWorks, so by default the plug-in is configured to use the DDW dome driver. There is a configuration utility included that allows you to choose any ASCOM dome driver in place of Digital DomeWorks. A quick look in the current ASCOM distribution reveals that there are currently drivers in the platform for ACL, CyberDrive and Digital DomeWorks. There may be other drivers available from dome manufacturers.

                • Douglas B. George
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 4, 2005
                    Tim Long wrote:
                    > If you have an ASCOM-compatible dome (I think MaxDome is) then you
                    > can use that with AutomaDome using the ASCOM-to-AutomaDome adapter
                    > that is available from my web site, for free.

                    MaxDome directly supports both ASCOM and Automadome directly. The
                    Automadome driver is installed automatically when you install MaxDome.

                    Doug

                    -----------------------------------

                    Doug George
                    dgeorge@...

                    Diffraction Limited
                    Makers of Cyanogen Imaging Products
                    http://www.cyanogen.com

                    25 Conover Street
                    Ottawa, Ontario,
                    Canada, K2G 4C3

                    Phone: (613) 225-2732
                    Fax: (613) 225-9688

                    -----------------------------------
                  • Philip Montgomery
                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 4, 2005
                      Hello Tim,

                      Thanks, This solved the problem.

                      Phil M.

                      --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Long" <Tim@l...> wrote:
                      > I haven't tried this with TheSky 6 but it is known to work. I
                      suspect the key to all this is the Ob.exe program. Take a look at
                      SB's online help page here and follow the setup procedure _to the
                      letter_ and see if that helps:
                      > http://www.bisque.com/help/AutomaDome/AutomaDome.htm
                      >

                      > Tim Long
                      > http://syd.tigranetworks.co.uk - software for amateur astronomers

                      subject=Unsubscribe>

                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 4, 2005
                        Thanks Matt,

                        I needed to download the application ob.exe.

                        All works O.K. now.

                        Just a small "Glitch". When in The Sky 6 I press D to bring up the
                        Dome popup and then do a Link Establish it starts my old version of
                        the Sky 5. I just close this app and return to The Sky 6 and all
                        works O.K.

                        Is their a script file I can modify to eliminate this?

                        Phil M.

                        --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "mbisque" <matthew@b...> wrote:

                        > Phil,
                        >
                        > If connecting TheSky6 to Automadome gives the error "No such
                        > Interface", the solution is found here:
                        >
                        > http://www.bisque.com/support/sbkb2/1181.asp
                        >
                        > Do not use the DomeAPI.dll Dave gave you as it is specific to
                        > Meridian controls.
                        >
                        > Matt
                        >
                        > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Philip Montgomery"
                        > <philmo@e...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Dave,
                        > >
                        > > Thanks for this information!
                        > >
                        > > My dome is from Sirius and the dome automation is MaxDome from
                        > > Cyanogen. I have emailed Daniel Bisque and am awaiting a reply.
                        > >
                        > > Regards, Phil M
                        > >

                        > > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Bailey"
                        <dcbailey@q...>
                        > > wrote:
                        > > > Phil M
                        > > > Yes, the problem was solved with a different DomeAPI.dll from
                        > > Matthew Bisque. Automadome now works very well. You don't say if
                        > > your dome controller is a Meridian Controls system. Matthew
                        > explains
                        > > that the fix is specific to Meridian Controls. The attachment is
                        > > the ,dll that Matthew sent to me. It belongs in C:\Program
                        > > Files|Common Files\System. There is already a DomeAPI.dll there
                        > so
                        > > you better rename it before overwriting.
                        > > > Dave Bailey

                        Terms