RE: [ccd-newastro] Blooming Removal

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 31, 2001
      That would be nice. I can do some blooming removal with the Dust & Scratches
      filter in Photoshop, but it requires some manual intervention. Can you tell
      us anything more about this software at this point? I would like to follow
      up and try it out.

      Ron Wodaski
      The New CCD Astronomy
      http://www.newastro.com

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2001
        --- In ccd-newastro@y..., "Ron Wodaski" <ronw@n...> wrote:
        > That would be nice. I can do some blooming removal with the Dust &
        Scratches
        > filter in Photoshop, but it requires some manual intervention. Can
        you tell
        > us anything more about this software at this point? I would like to
        follow
        > up and try it out.
        >
        > Ron Wodaski
        > The New CCD Astronomy
        > http://www.newastro.com
        > Ron,
        I know little else at this point. My local telescope store owner
        plans to market it for the programmer. He says it will be $75 per
        copy. He also tells me that the process only takes a few seconds to
        run on an image. I asked to be notified when the software becomes
        available and will let you know asap when I it is available. If it
        works as good as it appears to, it will be a great time saver. Clear
        skies.
        John G
      • sonoran_skies@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 5, 2001
          --- In ccd-newastro@y..., "Ron Wodaski" <ronw@n...> wrote:
          > That would be nice. I can do some blooming removal with the Dust &
          Scratches
          > Ron,
          I have uploaded 4 images for comparison in the antiblooming folder in
          the files section. Please comment. Thanks.
          John G
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 5, 2001
            I presume these have been de-bloomed with the dust & Scratches filter? They
            look perfect to me. Excellent job. How hard was it to use? Did it make the
            job easy?

            Ron Wodaski
            The New CCD Astronomy
            http://www.newastro.com

            > That would be nice. I can do some blooming removal with the Dust &
            Scratches
            > Ron,
            I have uploaded 4 images for comparison in the antiblooming folder in
            the files section. Please comment. Thanks.
            John G

          • Turgut Kalfaoglu
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 6, 2001
              Hi there. I noticed in my nebula pictures that the stars look really large..
              they are not pinpoints, but big blobs. Any ideas on how I can get
              them to stay as pinpoints?

              The camera is Starlight Express MX7-C..

              Thanks! -turgut
            • sonoran_skies@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 6, 2001
                --- In ccd-newastro@y..., "Ron Wodaski" <ronw@n...> wrote:
                > I presume these have been de-bloomed with the dust & Scratches
                filter? They
                > look perfect to me. Excellent job. How hard was it to use? Did it
                make the
                > job easy?
                ]Ron,
                I am told that it is completely automatic and is done before loading
                into Maxim, etc. It is supposed to only take a few seconds to perform
                the processing. Sounds like a winner to me.It is supposed to be
                available sometime in October. I'll post when I can get a copy to
                try. Clear skies.
                John G