RE: [ccd-newastro] Master Dark Library Advice

  • Serge Theberge
    Message 1 of 38 , Sep 1, 2004
      Thanks Mark for your quick reply!

      I have one more question: As I don't know how the ST8i ABG camera will
      respond with my 8" f/4 newtonian and the Astrodon 6 nm H-alpha filter. Do
      you believe that I will need to go past 30 minutes exposures for some deep
      sky objects and hence take darks for longer exposures as well?

      So here is my revised set based on your feedback:

      Temperature: 0C to -40C in steps of 5C
      Exposures: 5 to 30 minutes in steps of 5 minutes
      Number of exposures: 25
      Binning: 1 x 1 and 2 x 2
      Processing: Median combine

      Regards,

      Serge
    • Richard Bennion
      Message 38 of 38 , Sep 5, 2004
        Late comments - but had to say, that is a wonderful image and an
        excellent first attempt. My first color attempt was awful. As a matter
        of fact, so were my other first 12 attempts. ;)

        rb

        Richard A. Bennion
        http://www.ewellobservatory.com
        http://www.ccdware.com