Clear sky clock Question

  • Wayne Cooper
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2004
      Anyone using Clear Sky Clock web site. Under the seeing conditions
      White means poor wheras blue means excellent seeing. What does black
      indicate. I never saw black bars in the seeing box before. One would
      think that black would indicate better then excellent seeing given
      the Clear Sky Clock key. Anyone know. Thanks, Wayne
    • Wayne Cooper
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2004
        Skip this question. The seeing scale is rated from 1-5. Black occurs
        during daylight hours. Thanks,
        Wayne
        --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne Cooper"
        <coopersx@c...> wrote:
        > Anyone using Clear Sky Clock web site. Under the seeing
        conditions
        > White means poor wheras blue means excellent seeing. What does
        black
        > indicate. I never saw black bars in the seeing box before. One
        would
        > think that black would indicate better then excellent seeing given
        > the Clear Sky Clock key. Anyone know. Thanks, Wayne
      • StarCat
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2004
          Wayne,
          My best guess is lack of data due to it being daylight hours.

          Cheers, forever clear skies & great seeing!
          Ed
          > Anyone using Clear Sky Clock web site. Under the seeing conditions
          > White means poor wheras blue means excellent seeing. What does black
          > indicate. I never saw black bars in the seeing box before. One would
          > think that black would indicate better then excellent seeing given
          > the Clear Sky Clock key. Anyone know. Thanks, Wayne
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Wodaski Yahoo
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1, 2004
            Probably just means missing data.

            Ron Wodaski
            The New CCD Astronomy
            http://www.newastro.com/ipb

            http://www.nod32.com
          • katzung1@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 1, 2004
              Hi Wayne:
              I think black (really black!) means no data (or no prediction) available.
              Bert
              --
              katzung1@...
              www.astronomy-images.com