Fucus Position Change

  • sonoran_skies@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31 8:44 PM
      Group,
      Does anyone know the amount of focus position change on a C/14 when
      going from f/7 to f/11? I would like to leave the mirror locked down
      and change the focus position by switching adapter tubes to simplify
      changing focal ratios. Thanks and clear skies.
      John G
    • Mike Garrett
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2001
        John.

        I'm interested in your C-14 mirror lockdown method. Care to share?

        Mike G

      • sonoran_skies@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2001
          --- In ccd-newastro@y..., Mike Garrett <mikejima@p...> wrote:
          > John.
          >
          > I'm interested in your C-14 mirror lockdown method. Care to share?
          >
          > Mike G
          >
          > sonoran_skies@y... wrote:

          Mike,
          On the C-14 there are two threaded holes in the rear cell and two in
          the mirror cell itself. There are shipping bolts in the holes during
          shipment from the factory. I simply took one 1/4-20 bolt approx.
          21/2" long and chucked into a drill. I then ground the shank down
          leaving 3/8" threads on one end. It is necessary to reduce the shank
          size on the bolt so it will fit through the threads in the rear cell.
          I then snugged the bolt up against the rear cell and made sure any
          backlash was taken up in the focusuing mechanism. Seems to work OK so
          far. I didn't get a lot of chances to image much before the monsoons
          came. Hope this helps. Clear skies.
          John G