New CCD Image : Fire in M-27

  • Florent Poiget
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1 7:50 PM
      Hi Guys,

      After one month of short night and bad weather, the Full Moon was
      in the sky but I decided to take again the M-27 nebula with more
      exposure and the color information.

      For the fisrt time I used for my luminance only my new Astronomik
      13nm OIII CCD filter, and first time with the
      Astrodon RGB filters.

      I don't know if the color is correct but I think it is good.
      Difficult to say with the OIII.

      The Astro-Physics 0.67x CCD Telecompressor works GREAT on my Meade
      12" UHTC SCT OTA. Better, really better that the Meade f/6.3 reducer.

      Information and the image on my web site at this link :

      http://www.astrosurf.com/ccdaltazao/immonth.html

      Enjoy !!!!

      Florent

      --------------
      CCD ALTAZ & AO web site : http://www.astrosurf.com/ccdaltazao

      Pithiviers le Vieil/Jouy-En-Pithiverais-----------------FRANCE

      My USA web site : http://members.aol.com/JEPobs/poiget.htm

      Losmandy HGM TITAN / Gemini Goto mount
      Meade 12" UHTC SCT OTA
      William Optics FLT-110 & Megrez 80 Triplet APO OTAs
      SBIG ST-10XME/CFW-8A/AO-7
    • Randy Nulman
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2 10:49 AM
        Florent,
        I saw this on the SBIG group also. Wonderful image! I think the
        colors are just right, and it's an interesting result with the OIII
        as the Luminance. Only comment is that it almost looks a
        little "too" smooth..especially in the red regions. Wonder if you
        could sharpen the nebula up a bit without losing the smoothness of
        the blue/teal areas?

        Randy Nulman

        --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Florent Poiget" <JEPobs@a...>
        wrote:

        > Hi Guys,
        >

        > After one month of short night and bad weather, the Full Moon was
        > in the sky but I decided to take again the M-27 nebula with more
        > exposure and the color information.
        >
        > For the fisrt time I used for my luminance only my new Astronomik
        > 13nm OIII CCD filter, and first time with the
        > Astrodon RGB filters.
        >
        > I don't know if the color is correct but I think it is good.
        > Difficult to say with the OIII.
        >
        > The Astro-Physics 0.67x CCD Telecompressor works GREAT on my Meade
        > 12" UHTC SCT OTA. Better, really better that the Meade f/6.3
        reducer.

        > Information and the image on my web site at this link :
        >

        > http://www.astrosurf.com/ccdaltazao/immonth.html
        >

        > Enjoy !!!!
        >
        > Florent
        >
        > --------------
        > CCD ALTAZ & AO web site : http://www.astrosurf.com/ccdaltazao
        >
        > Pithiviers le Vieil/Jouy-En-Pithiverais-----------------FRANCE
        >
        > My USA web site : http://members.aol.com/JEPobs/poiget.htm
        >
        > Losmandy HGM TITAN / Gemini Goto mount
        > Meade 12" UHTC SCT OTA
        > William Optics FLT-110 & Megrez 80 Triplet APO OTAs
        > SBIG ST-10XME/CFW-8A/AO-7
      • Florent Poiget
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3 7:34 PM
          Thanks Randy for your nice message and comments. About a sharper
          image, my exposure was not very long so if I try I will have more
          noise I think. But Thanks for that.

          I am happy you liked this picture.

          Best Regards,

          Florent

          --------------

          --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Nulman" <rj.nulman@v...>
          wrote:
          > Florent,
          > I saw this on the SBIG group also. Wonderful image! I think the
          > colors are just right, and it's an interesting result with the
          OIII
          > as the Luminance. Only comment is that it almost looks a
          > little "too" smooth..especially in the red regions. Wonder if you
          > could sharpen the nebula up a bit without losing the smoothness of
          > the blue/teal areas?
          >
          > Randy Nulman
          >

          > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Florent Poiget"
          <JEPobs@a...>
          > wrote:
          > >

          > > Hi Guys,
          > >

          > > After one month of short night and bad weather, the Full Moon was
          > > in the sky but I decided to take again the M-27 nebula with more
          > > exposure and the color information.
          > >
          > > For the fisrt time I used for my luminance only my new Astronomik
          > > 13nm OIII CCD filter, and first time with the
          > > Astrodon RGB filters.
          > >
          > > I don't know if the color is correct but I think it is good.
          > > Difficult to say with the OIII.
          > >
          > > The Astro-Physics 0.67x CCD Telecompressor works GREAT on my
          Meade
          > > 12" UHTC SCT OTA. Better, really better that the Meade f/6.3
          > reducer.
          > >

          > > Information and the image on my web site at this link :
          > >

          > > http://www.astrosurf.com/ccdaltazao/immonth.html
          > >

          > > Enjoy !!!!
          > >
          > > Florent
          > >
          > > --------------
          > > CCD ALTAZ & AO web site : http://www.astrosurf.com/ccdaltazao
          > >
          > > Pithiviers le Vieil/Jouy-En-Pithiverais-----------------FRANCE
          > >
          > > My USA web site : http://members.aol.com/JEPobs/poiget.htm
          > >
          > > Losmandy HGM TITAN / Gemini Goto mount
          > > Meade 12" UHTC SCT OTA
          > > William Optics FLT-110 & Megrez 80 Triplet APO OTAs
          > > SBIG ST-10XME/CFW-8A/AO-7
        • Don Goldman
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 6 1:23 PM
            Tre bien, Florent. Nice teal color <g>