New Processing Technique - Nebula Enhancement

  • RMarsden
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2004
      A couple of days ago I posted a message about a processing technique
      I developed to enhance the brightness and contrast of a nebula
      without substantially altering the brightness distribution of the
      field stars in the image. I have put together a short tutorial about
      the technique and posted it at

      http://home.san.rr.com/hobbyland/SandP_Nebula/SandP_Nebula.htm

      I hope that others find it useful. If anyone has questions about
      the technique, please let me know.

      RAndy Marsden
    • Gary Ferdinand
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31, 2004
        Wonderful writeup, Randy. Thanks for taking the time to do it for us!

        Gary Ferdinand
        Apex, NC

      • Wodaski Yahoo
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 31, 2004
          Nice work! I have a similar technique for Photoshop in the new book. If you
          don't object, I'll include a reference to your technique for Paint Shop Pro
          in the book. This would require putting a copy of your web page on the book
          web site; I'll contact you privately about the details.

          Ron Wodaski
          The New CCD Astronomy
          http://www.newastro.com/ipb

          A couple of days ago I posted a message about a processing technique
          I developed to enhance the brightness and contrast of a nebula
          without substantially altering the brightness distribution of the
          field stars in the image. I have put together a short tutorial about
          the technique and posted it at

          http://home.san.rr.com/hobbyland/SandP_Nebula/SandP_Nebula.htm

          I hope that others find it useful. If anyone has questions about
          the technique, please let me know.

          RAndy Marsden

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          http://www.nod32.com
        • Ron Brant
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 31, 2004
            Thanks for all the work Randy.
            Ron B.
            A couple of days ago I posted a message about a processing technique
            I developed to enhance the brightness and contrast of a nebula
            without substantially altering the brightness distribution of the
            field stars in the image. I have put together a short tutorial about
            the technique and posted it at

            http://home.san.rr.com/hobbyland/SandP_Nebula/SandP_Nebula.htm

            I hope that others find it useful. If anyone has questions about
            the technique, please let me know.

            RAndy Marsden

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor