Re: [ccd-newastro] Re: The Pelican in Ha

  • Astrofx@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1, 2004
      Thanks Larry

      Charlie

      In a message dated 7/1/2004 9:12:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      ldurst@... writes:
      Charlie,
      Truly beautiful.
      Larry Durst

    • Astrofx@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 1, 2004
        LOL Randy
        Yes, I do need to take her out for a spin. <grn>
        The old bird seems a bit introverted.
        Orientation through scopes has never been my strong suite.

        Charlie

        In a message dated 7/1/2004 3:25:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        rj.nulman@... writes:
        Great shot, Charlie!
        Only comment is that the "bird" seems to be taking a nap <vbg>.
        Have you considered rotating the image?

        Randy

      • Ron Stanley
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 1, 2004
          That's a beauty, Charlie. Nice definition in the faint outer regions.
          If it stays clear tonight perhaps I'll take a crack at it.

          Regards,
          Ron

          Regards,
          Ron

        • Astrofx@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 1, 2004
            Thanks Ron
            Good luck with your attempts tonight.
            Charlie

            In a message dated 7/1/2004 7:31:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
            rwstanley2003@... writes:
            That's a beauty, Charlie. Nice definition in the faint outer regions.
            If it stays clear tonight perhaps I'll take a crack at it.

            Regards,
            Ron

          • Wodaski Yahoo
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 1, 2004
              * You could create an L layer by copying the color data and desaturating it,
              and then blending the Ha with the L.

              * I have on occasion guided the little Sky90 with the 20" Ritchey. Now
              there's a role reversal. <G>

              Ron Wodaski
              The New CCD Astronomy
              http://www.newastro.com/ipb

              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 2, 2004
                Ron
                I have just recently tried the desaturate routine, which does work very well.
                I guess it is intuitive, but I had not explored the option before. It
                obviously give a very good match for the color data and makes the combine much tidier.
                I guess your reverse guide would be even more radical, of course there is an
                advantage to being able to guide on a Mag 20 star. <grn>

                Charlie

                In a message dated 7/2/2004 12:19:50 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                yahoo@... writes:You could create an L layer by copying the color data and