Processing images on a Mac

  • Morgan Spangle
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2004
      I shot some images the other night, using CCDops v.5, saving the images as
      TIFF files on my old G3 laptop. I also saved the images as FITS files for later
      processing in CCDSoft v. 5 in Windows. I transffered the files over to my G4
      Mac desktop by Zip disk.
      But when I went to open the files, neither the FITS nor the TIFF files would
      open on either my desktop Mac, nor on my Windows machine. Did I do
      something wrong when I saved the images?
      Thanks for any help.
      Morgan
    • Roth Ritter
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2004

        >I shot some images the other night, using CCDops v.5, saving the images as
        >TIFF files on my old G3 laptop. I also saved the images as FITS
        >files for later
        >processing in CCDSoft v. 5 in Windows. I transffered the files over to my G4
        >Mac desktop by Zip disk.
        >But when I went to open the files, neither the FITS nor the TIFF files would
        >open on either my desktop Mac, nor on my Windows machine. Did I do
        >something wrong when I saved the images?
        >Thanks for any help.
        >Morgan

        That's odd, I transfer those file types between both platforms all
        the time with no problems. What type of utility were you using to
        open them? Did you try opening the images from within the utility as
        opposed to double clicking the icons?

        --

        Roth Ritter
        Astrophotography: http://www.rothritter.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2004
          --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, Roth Ritter <orbital@r...> wrote:

          > >I shot some images the other night, using CCDops v.5, saving the images
          as
          > >TIFF files on my old G3 laptop. I also saved the images as FITS
          > >files for later
          > >processing in CCDSoft v. 5 in Windows. I transffered the files over to my
          G4
          > >Mac desktop by Zip disk.
          > >But when I went to open the files, neither the FITS nor the TIFF files would
          > >open on either my desktop Mac, nor on my Windows machine. Did I do
          > >something wrong when I saved the images?
          > >Thanks for any help.
          > >Morgan
          >
          > That's odd, I transfer those file types between both platforms all
          > the time with no problems. What type of utility were you using to
          > open them? Did you try opening the images from within the utility as
          > opposed to double clicking the icons?
          >

          > --
          >
          > Roth Ritter
          > Astrophotography: http://www.rothritter.com

          I tried to open them in Photoshop v.7...it couldn't read them. Veyr odd, I'll try
          again.
          Morgan