Link to information about new pricing and policies

    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 1, 2001
      I've done my best to come up with a fair set of policies for everyone who
      already has an order for the book or web version. You can read the details
      here:

      http://www.newastro.com/newastro/order2.asp

      Email will go out shortly offering options to confirm, upgrade, or cancel
      orders at the new prices. Here's the info on new policies:

      email with details of the available options to everyone who placed an order.
      Everyone will have a chance to either confirm their order at the new price,
      revise their order, or cancel. Here is a synopsis if what's happening:

      Book only - The book price increases from $24.95 to $49.95. You get a
      printed copy of the new, larger book as well as full web access. If you do
      not want web access, you can request a CD-ROM version of the web content.

      Web only - The new initial web subscription includes both the eBook version
      and new features. The $9.95 you already paid will be credited against the
      $29.95 cost for the expanded web content, for a net cost of $20. If you
      choose not to continue your web subscription, it will expire 6 months after
      publication. You can also upgrade to the printed book with credit for your
      $9.95 payment.

      Book plus web - If you ordered both the book and the web subscription, you
      have already paid $9.95 for the web portion. You will get the printed book
      and a one-year initial web subscription (including the new features) from
      date of publication for an additional $40.

      Due to the increase in weight from the larger page size, shipping costs are
      now $7.50 for US mail. Foreign and rush shipping will be billed at actual
      cost. There is no shipping charge for the eBook version.

      If you have any questions, let me know.

      Ron Wodaski
      The New CCD Astronomy
      http://www.newastro.com
    • Frank J Mraz
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 1, 2001
        Ron,

        I'll opt for the book only unless you think there is a better
        alternative.

        Frank

      • Dan and Carol
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 1, 2001
          Hi Ron, I have the original 9.95 web sub. but you can definately put me
          down for the Book! Bueno, Dan NM
          > I've done my best to come up with a fair set of policies for everyone who
          > already has an order for the book or web version. You can read the details
          > here:
          >
          > http://www.newastro.com/newastro/order2.asp
          >
          > Email will go out shortly offering options to confirm, upgrade, or cancel
          > orders at the new prices. Here's the info on new policies:

          > email with details of the available options to everyone who placed an
          order.
          > Everyone will have a chance to either confirm their order at the new
          price,
          > revise their order, or cancel. Here is a synopsis if what's happening:
          >
          > Book only - The book price increases from $24.95 to $49.95. You get a
          > printed copy of the new, larger book as well as full web access. If you do
          > not want web access, you can request a CD-ROM version of the web content.
          >
          > Web only - The new initial web subscription includes both the eBook
          version
          > and new features. The $9.95 you already paid will be credited against the
          > $29.95 cost for the expanded web content, for a net cost of $20. If you
          > choose not to continue your web subscription, it will expire 6 months
          after
          > publication. You can also upgrade to the printed book with credit for your
          > $9.95 payment.
          >
          > Book plus web - If you ordered both the book and the web subscription, you
          > have already paid $9.95 for the web portion. You will get the printed book
          > and a one-year initial web subscription (including the new features) from
          > date of publication for an additional $40.
          >
          > Due to the increase in weight from the larger page size, shipping costs
          are
          > now $7.50 for US mail. Foreign and rush shipping will be billed at actual
          > cost. There is no shipping charge for the eBook version.
          >
          > If you have any questions, let me know.
          >
          > Ron Wodaski
          > The New CCD Astronomy
          > http://www.newastro.com

        • darrell L. crofford
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 1, 2001

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 1, 2001
              If all 500 existing orders have to come through email, I think it would bury
              me. <g> I have added shopping cart buttons to the information, and anyone
              with an existing order can upgrade by using the shopping cart system. This
              will also make sure that the order goes on the credit card you want it to go
              on; some orders are old enough that the cards may have expired! It sure has
              been a long road, but it's great to be getting to the end, I can tell you
              that.

              Thanks for all your support. The page for upgrading existing orders is:

              http://www.newastro.com/newastro/order2.asp

              NEW orders should still be made here:

              http://www.newastro.com/newastro/order.asp

              Ron Wodaski
              The New CCD Astronomy
              http://www.newastro.com

              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 1, 2001
                Hi Ron:
                I believe I originally ordered the printed and the web version but not the
                CD. I would like to stick with that order. My credit card has not changed.
                Do I have to "upgrade" at the website or do nothing at this point?
                Thanks,
                Bert

                Bert Katzung
                katzung1@...
                www.astronomy-images.com

                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 1, 2001
                  As long as I get the information, I'll take care of it. It's easiest for me
                  if folks use the upgrade page, but email will work, too. Consider yourself
                  upgraded.

                  Ron Wodaski
                  The New CCD Astronomy
                  http://www.newastro.com

                  > If all 500 existing orders have to come through email, I think it would
                  bury
                  > me. <g> I have added shopping cart buttons to the information, and anyone
                  > with an existing order can upgrade by using the shopping cart system. This
                  > will also make sure that the order goes on the credit card you want it to
                  go
                  > on; some orders are old enough that the cards may have expired! It sure
                  has
                  > been a long road, but it's great to be getting to the end, I can tell you
                  > that.
                  >
                  > Thanks for all your support. The page for upgrading existing orders is:
                  >
                  > http://www.newastro.com/newastro/order2.asp
                  >
                  > NEW orders should still be made here:
                  >
                  > http://www.newastro.com/newastro/order.asp
                  >
                  > Ron Wodaski
                  > The New CCD Astronomy
                  > http://www.newastro.com

                • David Gardner
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 6, 2001
                    Hi Ron...

                    I'm not able to log on to the web site.

                    I may have the wrong user name/password. Sorry to bother you about this.
                    I'm looking forward to the book.

                    Regards,

                    David

                    David Gardner M.D. Ph.D.