M66 in Leo

  • Donald Waid
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2004
      Group,

      I just finished processing an image of M66. I imaged this object on
      March 30/31. The Moon was gibbous and proved to be some of a
      problem. The major problem was the ever-present south Florida light
      pollution. The green filtered frames were particularly troublesome.
      I almost gave up on the color data. I still have some gradients in
      the image and I possibly "clipped" the background a little too much
      trying to remove them. At any rate, the image may be viewed at:

      http://www.waid-observatory.com/sbig-m066-2004-03-30.html

      The equipment used and exposure data are on the web page.

      Comments are welcomed.

      Don Waid