Using an STV to autoguide an imaging session

  • eisenklein
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2003
      Hi:

      I know some of you guys use an STV and would appreciate some
      direction. I have a Tak FS 60-C piggybacked on a classic 10" LX200
      f/10. I have a Losmandy set of rings and plate. I can go 7 minutes
      unguided with this wide-field set-up.

      http://www.pbase.com/image/23769426

      I saw John Gleason's fantastic H-alpha images and was really humbled.
      I would like to image deeper (ADU counts at 7 minutes approach
      ~5,000 with my H-alpha filter using my Starlight Xpress HX916). I
      have an STV and would like to try attaching it to the 10" LX200 using
      a 6.3 FR. Can someone suggest some basic settings to start with for
      both calibration and track mode so I can attempt a 10 or 15 minute
      integration? I don't fully understand how the STV guides during an
      integration of any length, but if I can go 7 minutes unguided I
      assume I want the least aggressive "corrections" during at least a 7
      minute portion of the 10 or 15 minute guided integration? I need help
      selecting exposure times, calibration times, and the aggressiveness
      in X and Y, for example.

      I can be reached at amstuart@... if you think this is OT.

      Thanks.

      Adam
    • Bob Holzer
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2003
        Adam:

        I'll be happy to walk you thru the STV, although I have no LX200
        experience.

        Bob

[...]

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/