Re: Rosette projecte completed

  • Jon Talbot
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 2, 2003
      Richard,
      Wonderful images. They have a 3d look to them. Nice job!

      Jon Talbot

      http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/ngc2244_rosette_s2hao3_mosaic_page
      > .htm
      >
      > I used an ST10XME / Traveler with 0.75x telecompressor to take the
      > shot.
      >
      > I used both 20 and 30 minute subexposures through Cust Sci 3nm FWHM
      > emission line filters.
    • Bob Holzer
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 2, 2003
        All I can say is spectacular! You inspired me to do a Ha-OIII-OIII of
        IC1805 tonight. Thanks. Bob

        I finished my Rosette mosaic project last night. The previous shot I
        posted was a taste of the final result. I ended up with a total of 6
        hours and 40 minutes exposure spread over two sites for my 1 x 2
        mosaic.

        I used both the "pillars palette" and a modified RGB palette (Ha=R,
        [OIII]=G, [SII]=B) for those that don't like green in nebulae :-)

        This shot went deeper than the previous one.

        Give it a look at:

        http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/ngc2244_rosette_s2hao3_mosaic_page
        .htm

        I used an ST10XME / Traveler with 0.75x telecompressor to take the
        shot.

        I used both 20 and 30 minute subexposures through Cust Sci 3nm FWHM
        emission line filters.

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Bob
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 5, 2003
          Richard,

          A stunning product, so well worth the time and effort! Sure wish I had
          skies like you do in your Castro Valley location! With global warming,
          maybe we will here in the UK before long--especially following our hot
          summer and near-drought conditions all over the UK<G>.

          Just one suggestion regarding web page cites: if you enclose a web page URL
          in carats, i.e. "<http://www. xxx.xxx>" or whatever, the URL will stay
          together and most email programs will simply allow you to click on it to
          take your browser to that page. Your message below truncates the address
          with ".htm" on the next line, and thus can't be clicked. It's sometimes a
          pain to copy/paste.

          Again, a simply spectacular image and demonstration of filters available to
          the amateur today. I was going to add an OIII to my repertoire having seen
          your images and those from several others, but instead I ordered a 17-inch
          "laptop" today, so filter purchases have been back-burnered for awhile.

          Bob Genung