RE: [ccd-newastro] Re: Color balance confusion

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3, 2001
      Got the ZIP downloaded, will look at it first chance I get.

      Ron Wodaski
      The New CCD Astronomy
      http://www.newastro.com

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2001
        There's no rush. I'll be out of town, and I won't be able to look at
        this for about 10 days.

        In the mean time I'm finding loads of interesting reading about CCD
        imaging in Richard Berry's Handbook of Astronomical Image Processing.

        Thanks again.

        - Richard Lawler

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • richardl@well.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 18, 2001
          I finally solved this problem after much head scratching and running
          a white-balance tests with a Sun-like reference star. It turns out I
          had MaximDL/CCD incorrectly configured for tricolor imaging and was
          using the wrong filters: L-R-G rather than R-G-B. So that's why
          everything was looking so red.

          I now seem to have things working well. Now I just need the fog to
          clear.

          Thanks.

          - Richard Lawler