RE: [ccd-newastro] N6888 with Tak FRC Reducer

  • twu@appliedimage.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 4, 2003
      Great picture. Does anyone ever try the FRC reducer on the BRC-250? Just
      curious.

      Ted

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 4, 2003
        Nice details on the Crescent. Ha is the way to image this one; normal L and
        RGB images make it much harder to get such deep detail.

        Suggestion: try a higher white point to see if you can retain detail in the
        brightest filaments. There is a huge contrast range in the Crescent, and it
        is very difficult to preserve detail in those bright filaments while also
        revealing the dimmest details. It's a very good practice subject for dealing
        with a large contrast range.

        Ron Wodaski
        author of The New CCD Astronomy
        http://www.newastro.com

[...]

      • Wodaski Yahoo account
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 4, 2003
          What software are you using for the combine? Most of them will not rescale.
          Registar does.

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 4, 2003
              Registar and Mira AP are the only two programs I can think of off the top of
              my head that have the ability to rescale. CCDSoft can also rescale, but I
              believe only with respect to bin modes - it will align and combine color
              images where the bin mode of the color images is different from the
              luminance image. I don't think that would help with this situation.

              Ron Wodaski
              author of The New CCD Astronomy
              http://www.newastro.com

              I was trying to use Maxim for it. Maybe I need Registar

              Mark
              > What software are you using for the combine? Most of them will not
              rescale.
              > Registar does.
              >
              > Ron Wodaski
              > author of The New CCD Astronomy
              > http://www.newastro.com

            • aajohnah

                > Nice details on the Crescent. Ha is the way to image this one; normal L
                and
                > RGB images make it much harder to get such deep detail.
                >
                > Suggestion: try a higher white point to see if you can retain detail in
                the
                > brightest filaments. There is a huge contrast range in the Crescent, and
                it
                > is very difficult to preserve detail in those bright filaments while also
                > revealing the dimmest details. It's a very good practice subject for
                dealing
                > with a large contrast range.
                >
                > Ron Wodaski
                > author of The New CCD Astronomy