NEWASTRO DEBLOOMER - Why it no work no more?

  • mpastro2001
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 30, 2003
      Hi Ron

      I have your debloomer plug in for MAXIM/CCDSOFT.....just last night
      it "stopped working". I have had very good results, but then it
      would debloom one image, and in the remainder it would leave the
      bloom completely alone and not touch it. Nothing has changed, I use
      the default settings and it works fine. Strangely enough, when I
      loaded the images into CCDSOFT....the results were exactly the same.

      Now, it wont debloom at all. Ive trying removing/reinserting the
      plug-in, rebooting the computer etc.

      Can you advise please?

      VMT

      Martin
    • Michael Downing
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 30, 2003
        I'm having the same problem also, I can debloom one image but when I
        tell it to do all the images it wont.

        Michael Downing
        www.astroden.com <http://www.astroden.com/>

        I have your debloomer plug in for MAXIM/CCDSOFT.....just last night
        it "stopped working". I have had very good results, but then it
        would debloom one image, and in the remainder it would leave the
        bloom completely alone and not touch it. Nothing has changed, I use
        the default settings and it works fine. Strangely enough, when I
        loaded the images into CCDSOFT....the results were exactly the same.

        Now, it wont debloom at all. Ive trying removing/reinserting the
        plug-in, rebooting the computer etc.

        Can you advise please?

        VMT

        Martin

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3313099.4604523.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705
        082829:HM/A=1595055/R=0/SIG=1240u9le2/*http:/ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitake
        nattogyo?YH=3313099&yhad=1595055> Click Here!

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=244522.3313099.4604523.1261774/D=egrou
        pmail/S=:HM/A=1595055/rand=160953508>

      • Wodaski Yahoo account
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 30, 2003
          I'll look into this at my end. I just did a bunch of images a few days ago
          myself...

          The CCDSoft version does not yet support multiple images; I'm waiting on
          Software Bisque to implement some new features that will make that possible.

          Ron Wodaski
          author of The New CCD Astronomy
          http://www.newastro.com

          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 30, 2003
            OK thanks Ron, that is what I am using, CCDSoft v5
            If I use it with MaxIM it works fine.

[...]

            Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=249982.3179269.4495679.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705
            082829:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12ongbbsq/*http:/hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/aut
            oredir?camp=556&lineid=3179269∝=egroupweb&pos=HM>

            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=249982.3179269.4495679.1261774/D=egrou
            pmail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=175424428>

          • Wodaski Yahoo account
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 30, 2003
              OK. I'm still waiting on a particular feature for CCDSoft. Right now, the
              plug-ins only appear if an image is loaded. But I want the plug-in to work
              on a folder of images (using the CCDSoft conventions). There is also no way
              to iterate through all open images.

              Once Matt Bisque allows folder-style plug-ins, we are all set. This may
              already be in the upcoming release, but if so it is not yet documented.

              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 30, 2003
                hi Ron

                Okay I will await your findings, but I am getting this problem in
                MAXIM....just cant figure it.

                regards

                Martin

                --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Wodaski Yahoo account"

                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 30, 2003
                  Can you give me more specifics about the problem you are experiencing in
                  MaxIm? there may be a certain set of option settings, for example, that
                  results in not all files being processed.

                  So describe for me your procedure as best you can (more details are better
                  than fewer), and tell me how you have your options set on the main and "more
                  options" dialogs. Also, confirm that you are trying to process monochrome
                  FITS files, and not color or TIFF files.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 1, 2003
                    Hi Ron

                    First the settings:
                    Main page: Apply to all (off), Rounding, Fuzzy, Auto Limits (on).
                    Fuzzy Distance, Iterations, Noise Factor at defaults (6, 1, 20)
                    More Options: Scan Length (5), Scan booster (75), Auto Increment (50)
                    Star limit adust (3200), Left/Right adjustment (0
                    Create bloom map (off), Fix stars (on), Rotation (off, Min star size
                    (3), Star factor (15).

                    I analyze the image, then click debloom, it finds a number of
                    colouns with blooms and then it pops up the little window so that
                    you can assess the removal...but it has not removed the bloom.

                    When I use the CCDSOFT version, you get a good close up of that
                    little window and you can see a black line around the star, but the
                    bloom is left in place.

                    I had 3 lum images of M27 to debloom. It did one, and ignored the
                    other 2. Then I opened up my color frames, and the same thing
                    happened. All images are FITS.

                    Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin, rebooted the
                    computer..all sorts.

                    What do you think?

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 1, 2003
                      The program might be crashing out before it applies the bloom fixes to the
                      first image, which would explain your symptoms. That's just one possibility
                      that comes to mind. Let me see what that set of options does. If option
                      check out OK, then maybe you could send me 2-3 of the problem files in a ZIP
                      via email, and I can try to duplicate.

                      I will run some tests shortly.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 1, 2003
                        Hmmm....the more I think about this, I think it would be useful to get those
                        3 luminance images of M27 to test on. Can you ZIP those up for me and send
                        them to me via email? Or you can upload them to the Files section here, then
                        send me an email letting me know they are ready.

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jul 1, 2003
                          Hi Ron

                          Ive compressed just 2 of those images, because the debloomer did one
                          perfectly okay. The zip file (5mb!) is on its way to you by email.
                          I tried to put it on my website, but for some reason, the download
                          spead even on a DSL connection is painfully slow.

                          Message 12 of 12 , Jul 1, 2003
                            Thanks. I may need that other image - it could wind up that doing that one
                            image OK somehow contributes to the problem, but let me see how it goes.