True tech flip mirror

  • Chris Warnes
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2001
      Hi all,

      I have just bought a flip mirror, second hand. Its the true tech flip
      mirror. I was hoping I could pick the brains of people who own a true
      tech flip mirror, on a couple of queries.

      There are two questions, simply regarding the device itself.

      1) This regards the mirror, and its position when in the 'down'
      position, so that the light travels straight through and does not hit
      the mirror. Now, where is the mirror supposed to be in the down
      position? I would have thought it would lay flat on the base of the
      flip mirror, but mine does not. The edges of the metal flat that
      holds the mirror seem to 'catch' on the internal thread, and the
      mirror does not lay completely flat, more at an angle, if this makes
      sense. Is this normal, do all true tech flip mirrors do this, or do I
      need to make small mods to it? I cannot imagine this is normal of it.

      2) This regards the adjustment of the top 'finder' section. It has
      the two adjustment screws, so that the image can be adjusted so it is
      centred in both parts at the same time, yes? Well, on mine, this does
      not seem to have enough adjustment to get it centred, or at least the
      same. Its not far off, just not brill, are there any further
      adjustments that can be made elsewhere, or is it something I will
      have to live with?

      Neither of these really effect the performance of the flip mirror, it
      would just be nice to know if they are normal occurances, or if it is
      a rarety to find these.

      Thanks for your help
      Chris