2003 SCT-Users Mailing List Imaging Contest

  • Kevin Dixon
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2003
      Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen:

      I am pleased to announce the official opening of the Third Annual
      SCT-Users Mailing List Imaging Contest. This year's contest
      promises to be the best so far in many ways. First, membership on
      the SCT-Users Mailing List is at an all time high so the pool of
      talented individuals is larger than ever. Second, we have some
      wonderful sponsors lined up for the contest. More about our
      sponsors in a separate e-mail. Third, Dave Cole, one of this year's
      judges, has set aside web space and designed a home page for the
      contest. You can view Dave's website at http://www.nexstar11.com
      Fourth, we've expanded the categories to include submission of
      digital images of both solar system and deep sky objects. This past
      year has seen an explosion in the quality of digital images so
      here's a chance for those talented folks to strut their stuff.

      The contest website can be accessed at:

      http://www.nexstar11.com/contest/

      Contained on the website are the following: a listing of the
      contest sponsors and links to their websites; the categories of the
      contest set up as active links so a list member can get an
      opportunity to view the contest entries as they are received by the
      judges; the contest rules; a montage of the images from last year's
      contest winners; a link to Uncle Rod's website; and, the entry form
      in both PDF and html format.

      Please submit all images to me at: ksbtk@... along with an
      entry form. I will distribute them to the judges and Dave Cole will
      post them on the website.

      So fellow CAT Lovers - crack open those film canisters, power up
      those CCD cameras and snap away with those digital cameras. We are
      looking forward to some magnificent images. Give us your best shots.

      Clear skies,
      Kevin Dixon
      ksbtk@...