Using RoboFocus with Pass through and one com port

  • Keith S <kasism@attbi.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2003
      Hello,

      Has anyone figured out how to get the robofocus system using the
      pass through cable to work on the same com port as the telescope
      when using The Sky and CCDSoft?

      I just cannot get the system to release the port to the other
      program. Is this one of those irritating ASCOM argument points of
      one sw package vs another?

      Any help, or magical instructions would be appreciated.

      Also, has anyone else seen a problem with The Sky not accepting use
      of a com 5 port? I installed a USB to Serial adaptor to solve the
      problem. The Robofocus works with CCDSoft just fine but if I try to
      flip them, the scope will not work on Com 5 (works fine on com 1).

      Any suggestions here?

      Thanks,
      Keith
    • Al Testani <atestani@attglobal.net>
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2003
        Keith,

        I'm not sure why you cannot get the com port to release in TheSky but
        I can answer your question of using com5 and a USB to Serial
        adapter. It does work and I use it that way all the time and control
        a Tak EM-200 mount with it.

        --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Keith S <kasism@a...>"