CCDsoft autoguide calibration problem

  • justin_yaros
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2002
      I just got an ST-10 and am new to using SBIG cameras and CCDsoft. When
      I hooked everything to my EM200 mount (I used the same autoguider
      cable that I made for my STV), I was able to move the mount using the
      N,S,E,W, button on the CCDsoft autoguider tab. I was also able to take
      an exposure with the guide chip and see the software attempt to move
      the mount when I clicked on autoguide. The problem is that I was not
      able to get calibation to work. The software gave an error message
      about "interface not being supported" or something like that when I
      tried to launch the calibration routine. I will attempt to
      troubleshoot further by seeing if CCDOPS works ok, but does anybody
      know what might be wrong? Thanks!

      Justin

      PS - Thanks to all of you who helped with information about cleaning
      my Tak lens!
    • Joe Lepore
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2002
        Justin I am having the same problem and error message with my ST 2000
        and CCDSoft V5.
        If it stays clear tonight I am also going to try CCDops. Let me know it
        you find something out I will do the same. Joe

      • justin_yaros
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 3, 2002
          Joe - For some reason, last night the problem went away and I was able
          to calibrate fine. The only thing different that I can think of
          was that I didn't have The Sky running or hooked up to the mount. The
          next time I'll try it to see if that was the issue for some reason.