74383help with paracorr star elongation

  • turnerjs085
    Aug 6 6:39 AM
      Hi all,Im having some issues getting a paracorr2 and running on my 10" f5.8. The stars are equally elongated across the frame, out of focus donuts are also elongated but with the secondary shadow perfectly centered and equal brightness all around. (Autocollimator shows good collimation but maybe it shifts with the camera+paracorr) The direction of elongation doesn't coincide with ra so I don't think that it is due to tracking, besides it can be seen in a 10 sec or shorter exposures.I had to rack the focuser out much farther than when using a mpcc, can focuser axial error (due to sag) cause this sort of distortion?Thanks for your help Jeremy
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic