74068Re: [ccd-newastro] Light Pollution filter as luminance?

  • stan_ccd
    Apr 22, 2014

      I'm sure you are doing nothing wrong (other than attempt to image from that site <g> ).

      It is a good illustration of the effect of light pollution on broad-band objects (emission nebula are a completely different story). If your sky glow is mag 17/arcsec^2 (not atypical for semi-urban) then an object with brightness = [my sky] would be about 6 times dimmer than [your sky] and would require you to accumulate about 4x more signal in order to detect it. Objects dimmer than that require increasingly larger ratios for you to overcome.  That is not a good site for galaxies.

      Stan

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic