73936Re: [ccd-newastro] RE: Purple halo

  • dmalleo
    Feb 6, 2014

      Actually, strictly speaking, morphological transformations are mathematical operations  that predate PixInsight (or any other software), which simply offer implementations of said transformations.

      See for example: https://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/courses/compsci773s1c/lectures/ImageProcessing-html/topic4.htm

      You can do morphological transformation of 2-D data with PixInsight and other astro-specific software packages, but also with more generic packages. For example the full range of morphological transformations is available in MATLAB from The Mathworks (though you'll need the image processing toolbox), or Mathematica (from Wolfram).

      The algorithms aren't hard to implement ( I wrote DSP routines based on them when I was a junior EECS student) and they are generally available in ready made APIs in all major languages (C#, Python, Java...)

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic