73517RE: [ccd-newastro] Helix Nebula

  • Bernard Miller
    Oct 29, 2013

      Beautiful image. Hard to believe this is only 7 hours of data. I would try to boost the star color if you can. I think it would enhance the image a bit. The color and detail in the nebula are fantastic.

      From: ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of bw_msg01@...
      Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 3:30 PM
      To: ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [ccd-newastro] Helix Nebula

      Now that it's Fall, this seemed like too good a target to pass up, even though there are lots of excellent versions posted on the net.   This was shot on a piecemeal basis from 8/3 to 10/6/2013 as I dodged around poor observing conditions in Southern California.  It was shot with a 12.5" PlaneWave CDK and a QSI-640ws camera working at f/5.3.  I used 10 minute subs with LRGB integration times of 230:80:60:60 min for a total time of 7.2 hours.  Processing was done in CCDStack and Photoshop.  If you click on the link a couple of times, you'll get a full-resolution rendition:

      Comments and suggestions for improvement are always welcome.

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic