73515Helix Nebula

  • waddington50
    Oct 29 3:30 PM
      Now that it's Fall, this seemed like too good a target to pass up, even though there are lots of excellent versions posted on the net.   This was shot on a piecemeal basis from 8/3 to 10/6/2013 as I dodged around poor observing conditions in Southern California.  It was shot with a 12.5" PlaneWave CDK and a QSI-640ws camera working at f/5.3.  I used 10 minute subs with LRGB integration times of 230:80:60:60 min for a total time of 7.2 hours.  Processing was done in CCDStack and Photoshop.  If you click on the link a couple of times, you'll get a full-resolution rendition:
      http://www.oc-aisig.org/zenphoto/index.php?album=Astronomy-Images&image=helix_oct2013_final.jpg

      Comments and suggestions for improvement are always welcome.

      Bruce
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic