73507Re: Anybody got patience for this?

  • phils67
    Oct 22, 2013
      I'd just image the comet guiding on the star field. Use exposures short enough that there's no apparent comet movement in a single image. Take the calibrated images and align them twice; once on the star field, once on the comet. Combine the two images using the comet from one and the star field from the other.

      I use ImagesPlus for my image processing. The latest beta includes a new tool that uses a mask to separate then recombine an image into stars and extended object(s). This makes this type of processing easy to do.

      Phil

      --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, <night.skywatcher@...> wrote:

      > I will have an opportunity to photograph Comet ISON at the DSRSG.
      >
      > I'm not the brightest tool in the shed, and don't have time for a lot of theory.
      >
      > Please tell me what to do: like "Photograph ISON with 1 minute exposures (and REALLY track the comet) the first 3 days, and photograph the star field on day 4 and use DeepSkyStacker."
      >
      > Any takers? Thanks..
      >
      > Destrehan Dave

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic