73503RE: NGC 7000 and IC 5070

  • barry.schellenberg
    Oct 20, 2013

      Great detail Eric.

      Well done!

      Barry

      ---In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, <ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hello all,

      Here is my next completed image from New Mexico, shot last May and June (2013) after a trip to address the loosened fiter that had jammed up the camera, as alluded to in a prior post. Here are NGC 7000, the North America Nebula, and IC 5070, the pelican nebula.

      I last shot these targets in 2006 from our backyard in Ohio. As our backyard is in a red zone (though it feels like a white zone!), I shot these using narrowband filters and processed them using the Hubble Palette. That prior image can be seen here:
      http://www.skiesbyafrica.com/Nebulae/NAPelican.html

      Under the pristine skies of Rancho Hidalgo in New Mexico, I am better able to stretch my RGB processing skills. Granted, this is still an HaRGB image ;)

      Takahashi FSQ-106N on an Astro-Physics AP1200GTO mount. SBIG STL-11000 camera with 5-position filter wheel and Astrodon filters. Robofocus focuser. Externally guided with an SBIG Remote Guide Head on a Borg 50Ach refractor.

      H-alpha: 9 x 30 minutes Binned 1x1
      R: 13 x 10 minutes Binned 1x1
      G: 13x 10 minutes Binned 1x1
      B: 13 x 10 minutes Binned 1x1

      11 Hours total exposure time.

      Details on the objects and a small image can be seen here:

      http://www.skiesbyafrica.com/Nebulae/NAPelicanHaRGB.html

      Please be sure to click on the small image to see a 75%-sized version. Or just click here:

      http://www.skiesbyafrica.com/Nebulae/Images/NaPelican/NAPelican-2013.jpg

      Enjoy!
      Eric

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic