73231Re: New to Plate Solving

  • burnative
    Aug 20, 2013
      Dave and others,

      I don't have an actual plate solving program in my computer, but was blown away when seeing how exact Microsoft's World Wide Telescope lays in the image I took the other night of the bright nova seen overhead these nights. When fading from my photo to existing data, the stars don't move the slightest.

      My photo showing the nova overlayed on the pre-nova star (magnitude 17) is (with links as what I did) at:
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/edhiker/9542094841

      Ed Johnson

      --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "davidfenster@..." <davidfenster@...> wrote:

      > I have The Sky Level II v5 Demo version and CCDSoft that I am using to plate solve. At least I think I am. I paste the image into the sky and hit the "link wizard" button and hear a taa-daa and stars are matched. ...............
      >

      > Dave

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic