72504Re: looking for camera (or workflow) recommendation

  • jtorelli76063
    Mar 17, 2013
      I missed the beginning of this thread. So excuse me if it is out of context.
      I have a StarShoot Pro v2 and it does not have a shutter. I use my flip mirror as my shutter. I connected a servo motor with a belt and gears to the knob of the flip mirror. I found a serial ascom filter wheel driver on the web. I programmed a small micro controller to talk the ascom driver.
      Now in Maxim I check "use filter as shutter". And maxim will operate the flip mirror when it needs to close the shutter. I also added a switch on the micro so I can still use the Flip Mirror as a flip mirror. I had to make a small aluminum bracket to mount the motor. I used existing holes. I can post photo's and code if anybody is interested.

      JoeT
      BlindEye Obs