      From: Mark Striebeck
      To: ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2012 6:10 PM
      Subject: [ccd-newastro] What ccd camera to buy?

      Hi,

      So far, I took images with my Nikon D7000. Now, I want to switch to a CCD
      camera. But have no idea which one to buy. One constraint, I have is that I
      want to do hyperstar imaging with my Celestron 8" EDGE scope. Which means I
      have to get one of (according to
      http://starizona.com/acb/hyperstar/whatis.aspx):

      - Astrovid StellaCam
      - Atik 3-Series
      - Atik 4-Series
      - Celestron Nightscape
      - Mallincam
      - Meade DSI & DSI Pro
      - Orion StarShoot (I, II, and G3)
      - Starlight Xpress (all models except H35/36)

      I probably want to get a color camera (hyperstar probably won't support an
      additional filter wheel). But what are the pro's and con's of the different
      brands and models?

      Thanks for any pointers (comparisons or previous discussions)!

      MarkS