      From: ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Eric
      Sent: Friday, March 02, 2012 6:41 PM
      To: ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [ccd-newastro] Dark Nebula complex in Monoceros: The "Philippine
      Nebula"

      Hi all,

      Man, has it been six years since I last shot this? I fondly refer to this
      complex of dark nebulae "The Philippine Nebula", as it reminds me of the
      country I was born in. I shot it back in 2006 with in H-alpha only, and
      didn't get around to shooting it in full color until this year (with a
      different setup!).

      Takahashi TOA-130F on an Astro-Physics AP1200GTO mount. SBIG STL-6303E
      camera with FW8-STL filter wheel and Astrodon LRGB and narrowband filters.
      Robofocus focuser and Astrodon Takometer rotator.

      Exposure Details:
      H-Alpha: 19 x 30 Minutes Binned 1x1
      Red: 15 x 10 Minutes Binned 1x1
      Green: 15 x 10 Minutes Binned 1x1
      Blue: 15 x 10 Minutes Binned 1x1

      17 Hours Total Exposure Time

      Captured from Rancho Hidalgo, New Mexico, January 2012.

      Acquisition Software : MaximDL 5, TheSky6, CCDAutopilot 5, FocusMax,
      Takometer Controller

      Processing Software: MaximDL, Photoshop CS/CS5, Carboni Actions, IrFanView

      Full sized image can be seen here:
      http://www.skiesbyafrica.com/Nebulae/PhilippineNebula.html

      Enjoy,
      Eric