69673Re: [ccd-newastro] Camera Recommendations

  • RBA
    Aug 1, 2011
      > Also, is a square sensor better for mosaics?

      Generally speaking, I wouldn't say so. Leaving other factors aside
      such as pixel size, resolution, sensitivity, etc... sensor size may be
      worth keeping in mind, but not so much whether it's square or
      rectangular. The bigger the sensor - assuming that your optics can
      take full advantage of it - the larger the field you can capture in a
      single frame and therefore the less number of panes you may need for a
      given mosaic.

      Aesthetically, to me it really doesn't matter whether the final image
      is squared, double-squared, a more traditional rectangle, etc. For
      some people it may matter, but that's more of a personal preference.

      Cheers,
      Rogelio
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic