69550Re: Definition of a Robotic Mount

  • Mike Dodd
    Jul 5, 2011
      photobookie wrote:
      > So this make it sound like the A/P mounts are even more robotic than
      > the Paramount since no Park or Home feature is required if the power
      > goes out and then resumed. Is this correct?

      Yes.

      I speculate that the AP-1200 continuously saves its pointing data plus
      date/time in RAM or Flash memory, but I don't know for sure. I do know
      that when power is restored, a GOTO command finds the target from where
      the scope was pointing when power was shut off (as long as it wasn't
      moved while not powered).

      Mike Dodd
      http://astronomy.mdodd.com
      Louisa County, Virginia USA N37.58.23 W77.56.24
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic