6919H-alpha filters

  • remi lacasse
    Apr 1 5:57 AM
      Hi,
      A few months ago I received my H-alpha filter from SBIG.
      It is the Standard type and I would like to ask 2 questions to
      the group or to those who have used the same type filter before:
      - I am using an ST-10E with the filter installed in the empty slot
      of the CFW-8 but the focus point is very different from the
      other filters. Is this normal?
      - Is it possible to use (find) a guide star and if so what is the minimum
      magnitude through the filter? Or will I need an external way to guide
      when using the filter?
      Thanks in advance
      Remi
      RĂ©mi Lacasse et/ou Lise Charlebois