68715RE: [ccd-newastro] Flaming Star Nebula with ST8300

  • Alan Voetsch
    Jan 31, 2011
      I'm a film guy still and a lurker here. However, I recently uploaded images and I constantly have the same probelm with image qualty noticeably decreased once uploaded. I can see some of it happen when I convert to an sRGB but I believe there's more to it than that. But even before then when opening images in Registar or PI LE they do not look as good as they did a minute earlier in PS. Any theories, ot solution?

      Right now, I'm doing the same thing and 'pumping it up a bit' before uploading. Still, no matter what it just does not look the same. Uploads become washed out, sky BGs look 'thin', and there's contrast and color loss.

      Thanks,
      Alan

      Astrophotography: http://www.pbase.com/avoetsch12952
      Clear sky clock: http://cleardarksky.com/c/CttrObORkey.html?1

      >I also noticed that the color looks better in PS than it does on the WEB >page. I have to "over-do it" a little in PS to get the same look on the >WEB page.

      --- On Tue, 2/1/11, Bernard Miller <bgmiller011@...> wrote:
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic