      From: "Douglas B. George" < dg @...>
      To: ccd-newastro@ yahoogroups .com
      Sent: Monday, October 25, 2010 2:26:47 PM
      Subject: Re: [ccd-newastro] New to CCD Astrophotography : Master Dark/Master Bias?

      On 2010-10-25 11:43 AM, Neil Fleming wrote:

      > * The sources I've read suggest subtracting the bias frame from each dark
      > sub-frame before combining them. But couldn't I combine, then subtract just
      > once? Or is there a quirk of the algorithm that makes that a bad idea?

      That's a REALLY bad idea. Not because of any quirk, but because MaxIm DL
      handles that automatically. Doing it manually will probably result in it being
      done TWICE, which would be bad.

      The Set Calibration command is designed to handle everything automatically.
      Just dump in all of your calibration frames and let it figure out the details.

      Doug

      --

      Doug George
      dgeorge @...