67622RE: [ccd-newastro] Replacement of ST9XE

  • Terry Tuggle
    Jun 1, 2010
      Umair,

      There are not a lot of choices if you want to stick with all the gear
      you already have. The ST10XME is the best choice and most versatile.

      The ST9 gives you 0.95 as/p image scale. The ST10 would be 0.65 @ 2x2
      binning and 0.97 @ 3x3 binning. If you ever have the desire for widefield
      imaging also, it gives a very good image scale for 80mm to 100mm refractors
      also. With the CF10 and ST10XME, it would be narrowband imaging's first
      choice with its high sensitivity to Ha. It is the largest chip in the ST
      line now with internal guide chip and the RGH capability for the AO8. You
      may be able to find one on A-mart, but be careful and make sure it has the
      RGH capability; this option has only been around for the last few years, 4
      or 5 I think?

      HTH,

      All the best,

      Terry