66302Re: Seeing Conditions (FWHM)

  • epavlu
    Dec 3, 2009
      Thank you (all) for your comments.

      I've been working with Tom Bisque over the past few days. We are trying
      to figure out why Research | Insert WCS is not working for me with
      CCDSoft and The Sky6.

      I also downloaded the SBIG STV manual - interesting reading about the
      STV measures "seeing".

      Eddie

      --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "eroelmx" <eroel@...> wrote:

      > Eddie:
      > I own the STV (a now defunct SBIG guider). This setup can calculate
      optical quality and also seeing conditions. Go to SBIG site and look in
      the download section for the STV manual, on page 25 they explain the way
      it does it, but also send you to an appendix where the formulas and
      calculations are.
      > Hope this helps,
      > Eric. (México)
      >

      > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "epavlu" eddie@ wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello - I'm new to this group. I've read "The New CCD Astronomy" and
      I want to measure the seeing conditions where I image. I use CCDSoft. Is
      there a way, by using images that I've taken, to measure the FWHM of a
      star in the image?

      > > I know all the details of my setup so I can calculate the image
      scale (ST-402 9x9 microns, AP 155 f7 should be 1.7 arcsec/pix).

      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > Eddie

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic