66294Re: Seeing Conditions (FWHM)

  • eroelmx
    Dec 2, 2009
      Eddie:
      I own the STV (a now defunct SBIG guider). This setup can calculate optical quality and also seeing conditions. Go to SBIG site and look in the download section for the STV manual, on page 25 they explain the way it does it, but also send you to an appendix where the formulas and calculations are.
      Hope this helps,
      Eric. (México)

      --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "epavlu" <eddie@...> wrote:

      > Hello - I'm new to this group. I've read "The New CCD Astronomy" and I want to measure the seeing conditions where I image. I use CCDSoft. Is there a way, by using images that I've taken, to measure the FWHM of a star in the image?
      >
      > I know all the details of my setup so I can calculate the image scale (ST-402 9x9 microns, AP 155 f7 should be 1.7 arcsec/pix).
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Eddie

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic