      From: ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Rainer
      Sent: Saturday, October 03, 2009 11:31 AM
      To: ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [ccd-newastro] Re: Sky Quality Meters

      Hi Chris,

      The SQM-LE when it is running produces itself some heat so if you want to
      use it only when the roof is open I would dare to say that you will not need
      an enclosure as the self produced heat will be more then enough to protect
      the circuit from getting humid,

      BUT, yes but DO NOT TURN IT OFF after closing your roff.

      Keep it running and so there is no chance of forming dew inside.

      If you run it and then when you close the roff you power it off the SQM-LE,
      the humidity content inside will be relatively higher then outside. (WARM
      AIR CAN CARRY MORE HUMIDITY THEN COLD AIR) When the SQM-LE then cools down
      you will get condensation inside !

      It is easy to make a test with the SQM-LE running while your roof is open.
      With the software you can monitor the temperature of the SQM-LE and if you
      also monitor your ambient temperature via a weatherstation you will surely
      also have the temperature of the dew point. In the moment the SQM-LE
      temperature does get the same as the Dew Point then you will start to be
      carefull. :-)

      regards Rainer

      --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com <mailto:ccd-newastro%40yahoogroups.com>
      , "Christopher J Abissi" <cabissi@...> wrote: