66043Re: Sky Quality Meters

  • Keith
    Oct 2, 2009
      --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "ET" <rsbfoto@...> wrote:

      > Hi Ken,
      >
      > Nice to see you here :-) I am waiting for the delivery of one SQM-LE unit. How difficult is it to install the device via Ethernet cable ?
      >
      > How did you solve the enclosure problem in order to leave it outside all the time ?
      >
      > By the way I am still with the Losmandy G11 mounts :-)
      >
      > regards Rainer

      Rainer, to directly hookup a SQM-LE to a computer all you need is a cross-over ethernet cable. Either make you own or buy one at the store. If the meter is going to be integrated into an obsevatory where remote computers are already in place, there probably is already a ethrnet DHCP server connecting everything. Then all you need is a vacant port on the switch or router.

      I too would like to hear of users solution for weather proofing a SQM meter for remote or backyard observatories. Is it simply a matter of using the same solutions for all-sky cameras?

      Keith

      Keith
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic