      From: Joe Marietta [mailto:jmarietta@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2000 8:20 PM
      To: ccd-newastro@egroups.com
      Subject: [ccd-newastro] Re: Ice Crysals

      Hi Folks,

      Well, I went back and brought the camera back to ambient temp and
      the "holes" went away. So I think they were crystals. Then I slowly
      went back to low temp down to -20c, and now I am thinking I am
      getting frost.

      Man, this is Murphy's law to the Max, I am looking at a sky full of
      Milky way and my camera is frosting and forming crystals.

      I have been keeping my camera attached to my scope inside the
      HOMEDOME without putting it back in the case for the last three days,
      the ambient humidity has been only about 20% the last few days.

      Could this cause my camera's decicant (SP) to prematurely fail????

      --- In ccd-newastro@egroups.com, "Joe Marietta" <jmarietta@e...>