65897Re: [ccd-newastro] Guiding with the imaging chip?

  • Geof Wingham
    Sep 1, 2009
      If you are using one as an off axis guider then CCDSoft V5 can do it. I
      sometimes use a double saddle mount and image with a ST8 and use a
      ST2000XCM as an off axis guide camera. All you have to do is specify it
      on the drop down menu and the program will control both cameras.

      Cheers
      Geof Wingham

      atomicsgreg wrote:

      > I have a spare ST-8
      > Instead of using the normal guide chip (237) can I use the ST-8
      > imaging chip to guide with?
      > I have a 6303 camera that I would like to guide and the relatively
      > large imaging chip of the ST-8 would make finding a guide star easier
      > to say the least.
      >
      > Anyone know of a program that would allow me to do that?

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic