      From: Thomas Boerner [mailto:thboerner@...]
      Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 8:06 PM
      To: ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [ccd-newastro] Re: Lightbox question

      I made a light box that uses two seperate pieces of milk plastic with
      a two inch seperation. I use one five watt bulb painted black connected
      to a 115 volt power supply. I place this over my LX200-10" telescope
      which is connected to my ST-7e camera and get great flats.
      Why does the light box have to be square, why not round?
      Tom

      ftherrmann wrote:

      > I posted the flat file, but had to downsize it because of server size
      > constraints. It's in the files area under the name "clearflat.fit".
      > It's about 800k big.
      >
      > Fred
      >
      > --- In ccd-newastro@y..., "ftherrmann" <ftherrmann@y...> wrote:
      > > Randy,
      > >
      > > Take it from an unbiased source.. YES! You would most
      > > definitely benefit from the "LiteBox" !
      > >
      > > I'm sure Ron's done a study on pixel deviations and will jump
      > > right in with some empirical data he's collected. However just
      > based
      > > on my own casual observations the 200 numbers sound a little
      > > high.. I just looked at one of my clear flats I took last week
      > and
      > > I'm seeing deviation between 50 and 60 in any given area. I'll
      > post
      > > a the flat which was taken with my FSQ, litebox and ST8E. It's a 1
      > > bin file so be ready to spend a little time on the download. :-)
      > >
      > > Fred
      > >

      > > --- In ccd-newastro@y..., "randy_nulman" <rjnulman@w...> wrote:
      > > > The calibrated images appear OK, but I always wonder if I would
      > get
      > > > better results if I considered Fred's lightbox. (a "homemade" QC
      > > > question)<g>
      > > >
      > > > Thanks,
      > > > Randy

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/