63351Re: CCD SBIG STL-11000M vs Apogee Alta U16M

  • klomperklaus
    Sep 6, 2008
      For what it's worth, I have had an Alta U16M for almost a year now
      (October) and it hasn't had to go back in once. It has been extremely
      reliable. I really went through analysis paralysis for about a year
      comparing just about everything and can tell you I am quite pleased
      with my decision.

      You can see some of the images I've taken with the Alta U16M at
      http://astro.ihermans.com as well as equipment shots and such.

      Hope this helps,

      Jeff Herman

      --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, AVRYAuN@... wrote:

      > I've heard this before that the Apogee's often need repairs, though
      some
      > think it's a better Astro camera. But, SBIG is said, like you say,
      to be more
      > dependable. Probably the better value...........
      > Thanks alot,
      > Avery Golden
      >

      > In a message dated 9/1/2008 11:01:59 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      > mford@... writes:
      >

      > As far as workmanship, I would go with the SBIG. Some buddies of
      mine had
      > ordered several Apogees and all had to go back to be repaired. I
      know that
      > SBIG has been around for a long time and takes care of their
      customers. Just
      > my two cents.
      >
      > Quoting AVRYAuN <_AVRYAuN@..._ (mailto:AVRYAuN@...) >:
      >
      > > New to group and am going to build my own observatory. I have a
      Meade