63292Re: [ccd-newastro] Re: CCD SBIG STL-11000M vs Apogee Alta U16M

  • Neil Fleming
    Sep 2, 2008
      Stu has a good point. However, you might want to
      consider picking up a used SBIG on Astromart. When
      the time comes, you can always resell it, if desired,
      and recoup virtually all of your purchase price.

      ...Neil

      --- AVRYAuN@... wrote:

      > Thanks alot, Stu. I'm gonna try to go to SBIG and
      > personally see and have
      > them explain their full line to me. Some have
      > enjoyed the Apogee as a better
      > camera, but seems to have some performance problems.
      > The SBIG seems to be
      > getting overall favorable reviews from other posts.
      > Avery Golden
      >

      > In a message dated 9/1/2008 1:59:06 P.M. Pacific
      > Daylight Time,
      > SHFORSTER1@... writes:
      >
      > Avery,
      >
      > If you can wait for your camera, SBIG has a new line
      > of USB 2
      > cameras, the STX series on the way.
      >
      > I love SBIG cameras, I have 5, but the 26 second
      > downloads on my STL
      > 11000, with USB 1 are painful.
      >
      > Wait for the new cameras with the better cooling
      > from SBIG.
      >
      > STU
      >
      > --- In _ccd-newastro@ccd-newastroccd_
      > (mailto:ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com) ,
      > AVRYAuN@... wrote:
      > >
      > > I've heard this before that the Apogee's often
      > need repairs, though
      > some
      > > think it's a better Astro camera. But, SBIG is
      > said, like you say,
      > to be more
      > > dependable. Probably the better value....... dep
      > > Thanks alot,
      > > Avery Golden

      www.flemingastrophotography.com
      Also check out the astro_narrowband Yahoo group!
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic