63290Re: CCD SBIG STL-11000M vs Apogee Alta U16M

  • maxmsm
    Sep 2, 2008
      Your missing FLI which has the best built cameras at persent. Also,
      Top service IMO. I have the Proline with the KAF 9000. It is the
      12u version of the KAF 16800. Their microline series is real nice
      too.

      Max

      --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, AVRYAuN@... wrote:

      > Thanks alot, Stu. I'm gonna try to go to SBIG and personally see
      and have
      > them explain their full line to me. Some have enjoyed the Apogee
      as a better
      > camera, but seems to have some performance problems. The SBIG
      seems to be
      > getting overall favorable reviews from other posts.
      > Avery Golden
      >

      > In a message dated 9/1/2008 1:59:06 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      > SHFORSTER1@... writes:
      >

      > Avery,
      >
      > If you can wait for your camera, SBIG has a new line of USB 2
      > cameras, the STX series on the way.
      >
      > I love SBIG cameras, I have 5, but the 26 second downloads on my
      STL

      newastro@yahoogroups.com) ,
      > AVRYAuN@ wrote:
      > >
      > > I've heard this before that the Apogee's often need repairs,
      though
      > some
      > > think it's a better Astro camera. But, SBIG is said, like you
      say,
      > to be more
      > > dependable. Probably the better value....... dep
      > > Thanks alot,
      > > Avery Golden
      > >

      > > In a message dated 9/1/2008 11:01:59 A.M. Pacific Daylight
      Time,
      > > mford@ writes:
      > >

      > > As far as workmanship, I would go with the SBIG. Some buddies
      of
      > mine had
      > > ordered several Apogees and all had to go back to be repaired.
      > know that
      > > SBIG has been around for a long time and takes care of their
      > customers. Just
      > > my two cents.
      > >
      > > Quoting AVRYAuN <_AVRYAuN@_AVRYAuN@<WBR>._ _AVRY>:
      > >
      > > > New to group and am going to build my own observatory. I have
      > Meade
      > > > LX-200 16" and a Takahashi TAO-130. I'm going to start
      getting
      > into
      > > > astrophotography and have a couple of questions:
      > > >
      > > > 1. If it was not about the money, I may be looking at the
      SBIG
      > STL-
      > > > 11000M ccd camera or the Apogee Alta U16M (not considering
      FLI

      (_http://information.http://infohttp://infhttp://informatihttp://in_
      > (http://information.travel.aol.com/deals?
      ncid=aoltrv00050000000047) )