62405Re: Just an Introduction from a new member

  • Gerald Rowe
    Jun 3, 2008
      --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "deepskyja" <deepskyja@...>
      wrote:Thank You for the kind words and advise too Jacques. Im very
      happy to be in the group. Know I will learn much from some very
      talented people. Its actually an honor to be here.
      Jerry Rowe

      > Welcome Gerald!
      >
      > welcome to the group.
      > According to your interests and your equipment, I recommand you to
      > subcribe to other groups to find more help if need.
      > Clear skies
      >
      > ---------------------------------
      >
      > Jacques A.
      > France, Normandie
      >
      > Deep Sky Jam Observatory
      > 49° 36' 43" N
      > 00° 20' 44" W
      > LX200 GPS 14"
      >
      > http://www.deepskyjam.com
      >
      > ---------------------------------
      >

      > --- In ccd-newastro@yahoogroups.com, "Gerald Rowe" <eebaddej@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello all, My name is Jerry, Im a recently new amateur
      > > astronomer/astrophotographer. Been at it a few years now. Just
      > bought
      > > some equipment late in 2007. A LXD75 10" SchmidtNewtonian on a
      > > equatorial mount, with Autostar Go To technology, a 497 handbox
      > > controller, a DSI Pro Deep Sky Imager CCD, and had a custom
      laptop
      > > built with Duo Core, cd/dvd burner, the faster 7400 rpm hard
      > drive,
      > > windows xp instead of vista, lots of ram and way more then
      > required for
      > > the programs neccessary. The only problem is the weather since
      > having
      > > this stuff hasn't cooperated much. So I havnt been getting many
      > chances
      > > to practice, go through the trials and error to really learn how
      > to get
      > > images. I did live at and volunteer at an observatory for several
      > > months and learned so much about the basic fundamentals of
      > astronomy
      > > while there. But astronomy has long been a passion of mine but
      > never
      > > been able to pusue it until getting ill with an incurable
      > neurological
      > > disease, having to shut down my business, getting quite ill and
      > getting
      > > served divorce papers and starting over while disabled alone and
      > then
      > > finally I was able to go after my passion. So Im in the business
      > of
      > > learning how to be a good astrophotographer so I can contribute
      > the
      > > effort of learnig and answering questions of cosmology. And the
      > > question are I think as infinite as the Universe itself. But I'm
      > hooked
      > > I have seen so many beautiful images from all you people, and
      with
      > all
      > > the technology we have, what a time to get involved. Hopefully
      > soon
      > > I'll be sharing images too, although there's a lot better
      > equipment out
      > > there and experience too then I have. For now. So I'll be around
      > > while. Reading,sharing, and asking questions. My first one is
> [...]
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic